- 29.6% - Scott Rolen's line drive rate. In 32 PAs he's notched 8 line drives. That's good, I like it.
- .529 - Travis Snider's isolated power or number of extra base hits per at bat. That's great, I love it.
- I guess I'm human - Ichiro's line when asked about his ulcer. That's amazing, I couldn't like it more.
- -20.7 - Alex Rios's UZR/150 games based the start to his season. Now, this number means next to nothing (less in fact) as it's based on 71 innings. But he hasn't looked great so far, what with the balls careening off his skull and all. It WILL improve, but it's got my eye.
- 0.71 - Alex Rios's Walk per K rate, the highest of his career. He's also slashing liners around at a healthy clip. That's encouraging, I enjoy it.
- .181, .212, -1.91 - Glen Perkins, starting tonight for the Twins, average against, BABIP, and ERA-FIP through one start this year. Unsustainable! I don't care if it's only one start and junkballin' lefties are Blue Jay kryptonite, he's going to regress like a motherfucker tonight!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Not fer Nothin'
A few quick and dirty numbers and things that caught my eye: