I got peoples on the inside! Kris from Walkoff Walk is touring around Florida, poking his head into all the press boxes that will have him. He was in Dunedin today, yucking it up with the Jays beat crew that isn't following Team Canada. Some tidbits from his post:
- Having interviewed Kevin Millar twice before, the Friendly Cowboy called Kris "Big Dog", ironic as Kris surely had a cat on his t-shirt.
- He interview Overbay, Millar and CITO! I'm quite jealous, though if I wanted to talk to Cito I could just put on some dark sunglasses and talk to my dad. Halladay appears to have blown him off, but neither he nor I will hold it against Roy.
- The collected Jays writers are a chatty, jovial bunch. Kris was quite disappointed that Griffin wasn't on hand because he wanted "tips on the best kind of hooch to drink while writing a column" Griff's reputation precedes him.
Waste that Time!
- I was screwing around on Baseball Prospectus the other day and found myself looking at the Jays baserunning runs. The best Jays baserunner was, of course, Adam Lind???? Shocking, considering his general uselessness in the field. As a team the Jays are slightly below average, something a slap-dash, no-pop lineup would do well to improve.
- Baseball Musings needs your love and affection. Bills don't pay themselves friends.
- Your fat, sensitive ass is more harmful to the environment than SUVs.
- The Southpaw considers a two-headed Janssen/Cecil beast. I'm not opposed to such an idea, though ball players live for decisions and this would surely piss one of them off.
- Man oh man will I be disappointed if the Watchmen sucks. Please don't suck Watchmen. Please Zack Synder, please tell me you spent more time trying to incorporate the dense narrative and less time trying to replicate actual panels from the book. And easy on the slo-mo jackass.